The mission of Cobb Travel & Tourism is to increase visitation to and awareness of Cobb County, thereby enhancing economic impact.
COBB TRAVEL & TOURISM – VISION
Cobb County remains a regionally and nationally known travel destination providing a rewarding and memorable experience to all visitors. Cobb County will continue to be recognized as a preferred destination among planners of conventions, trade shows, and special events, as well as leisure travelers.
Cobb Travel & Tourism focus:
- To be the main source of quality leads for hotel that will enable consistently higher occupancy rates than regional competitors
- To be the primary destination marketing organization for Cobb County
- To remain instrumental in creating strategic partnerships and alliances among industry stakeholders
- To remain a leader among convention & visitors bureaus with similar budget classifications
- To remain committed to partnership growth through providing valuable benefits and excellent customer service
- To be financially stable and efficient in delivering services
Big attractions, history, sports, shopping, dining, arts and entertainment, outdoor adventure – it’s all here.
- Marietta is the county seat; other municipalities are
Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Mableton, Powder Springs, and Smyrna.
- Cobb County’s population is 766,149 (2020 U.S. census)
- College-educated residents make up 49% of the population.
- Cobb County is 20 minutes from the airport.
- Transportation from Hartsfield-Jackson is approximately $30 – $50 per
person, round trip.
- I-75 north/south runs through the county. I-285 circles Atlanta and intersects
southeastern Cobb County. I-20 east/west passes through the southern tip of
- Cobb County offers a large variety of shopping opportunities and a large selection
of fine restaurants. Please see our partnership directory to find your favorite spot.
- The Marietta Daily Journal and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution are the two main
newspapers in the area
- Cobb County takes pride in our 133 hotels, 14,000+ hotel rooms and 375,000+ square feet of meeting space.
- Accommodations range from luxurious high-rise hotels and comfortable suite properties to friendly motels and quaint bed and breakfast inns.
- The Cobb Galleria Centre and the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre boast 144,000 sf of exhibit space, five ballrooms, more than 50 meeting rooms and a 2,750-seat theatre.
- The Cobb Galleria Centre is one of only three convention centers in Atlanta and is recognized as one of the leading convention centers in the United States.
Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
(HJIA) is one of the top ranked airports for non-stop service to U.S. destinations. 80% of the U.S. population lives within a two-hour flight of Atlanta. On average, there are more than 2,700 daily flights departing from and arriving at HJIA, making it the world’s busiest airport. And Cobb County is located 20 minutes away. Learn more
You can get to Cobb County quickly and easily by using an airport shuttle. Prices range from $30 to $50. Please see our list of transportation partners to learn more.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) transportation system is located throughout downtown Atlanta. Learn more at itsmarta.com.
Cobb International Airport
McCollum Field is located in Kennesaw, approximately 7 miles from the city of Marietta and 2 miles from I-75. It is designated as a reliever airport for Hartsfield-Jackson. With an average of 250 takeoffs and landings each day, it is the fifth most trafficked airport in the state. Hawthorne Global Aviation Services is an internationally recognized fixed-base operator providing services and amenities for travelers. For more information, click here.
For more information about Cobb County, visit cobbcountyga.gov.