21 Nov Atlanta’s Sweet Spot for Shopping
Need the inside scoop on all the best shopping spots north of Atlanta? From large-scale retail operations to small mom-and-pop shops, Cobb County has you covered! Check out our list of local malls, hidden gems, and specialty holiday markets to plan your upcoming shopping excursion.
If you are looking for a variety of shops in one sweet spot, look no further. The Avenue East Cobb offers a dynamic mix of premier national retailers, select local merchants, and specialty restaurants. This is a great place to peruse through popular stores like Ann Taylor, Bath & Body Works, and Williams-Sonoma. The Avenue West Cobb, on the opposite side of Cobb County, offers a similar selection of well-known retailers such as Barnes & Noble, Banana Republic, and American Eagle.
Cumberland Mall is conveniently located at the northern intersection of I-75 and I-285 on Cobb Parkway. This one-stop-shop has all of your holiday shopping needs under one roof! Take time to browse through their assortment of familiar brand-name stores, comfortable and protected from cold winter weather. Need something trendy for the teenager in your life? Try H&M. Maybe you have a sports-fanatic in the family that would like new gear from Champs. There is something for everyone on your list.
On the northern side of Cobb County, near Kennesaw, is Town Center Mall. With more than 175 stores, this is Northwest Atlanta’s largest shopping destination. Look for gifts in one of their department stores like Belk or visit a specialty retailer like The Disney Store! If you are looking for unique boutiques, make Vinings Jubilee one of your stops this holiday season. They have a matchless variety of high-quality home decor and clothing store options.
Hidden SHOPPING GEMS
Love Street Gifts and Gardens – Since 1999, Love Street Gifts & Garden in Smyrna has been providing a fun and happy shopping experience, drawing folks from all over the metro Atlanta area. Get eclectic yard art, trendy apparel, candles, and plants! There is so much to discover on every shelf.
1275 Concord Road, Smyrna, GA
Serendipity House – This unique shop housed in a circa 1881 Queen Anne Victorian home, treats its guests to room after room of beautiful, one-of-a-kind gift and decor items. They offer complimentary gift wrap, gourmet food tastings, a layaway plan, gift registry and seasonal workshops!
4965 North Main Street, Acworth, GA
Stitch N’ Quilt – Feeling crafty? Make a heartfelt gift with the help of Stitch N’ Quilt in Mableton, GA. They carry a large selection of the finest all-cotton quilt fabrics. From notions to quilt kits, they have everything a quilter could need with friendly staff to help you get started.
5590 Mableton Parkway SW, Suite 146, Mableton, GA
The Bookworm – This neighborhood bookstore opened their doors in 2005 with a few hundred gently used books in just a few assorted genres. Today they are home to more than 30,000 titles in a wide variety of genres! The owners stock everything from international best sellers to local literary giants to appeal to a growing, diverse community.
4451 Marietta Street, Powder Springs, GA
The Front Porch of Vinings – This cute little Vinings shop has quickly created a name for itself by offering a fresh, rustic luxe mix of home décor, furnishings, and women’s accessories hand-picked from across the U.S. Just perusing through the shop will transport you to another time and place.
2949 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA
Turquoise Otter – Shopping is fun at the Turquoise Otter. They offer one-of-a-kind home décor, local art pieces, and trendy apparel that you can’t resist. Browse unique gifts that you will want to keep for yourself!
2237 Whitfield Place NW, Kennesaw, GA
White Rabbit Cottage – Looking for that perfect gift? White Rabbit has a large, unique selection of jewelry, candles, home fragrances, gift books, gourmet foods, tableware, garden accessories and more. Experience the charm of this “neighborhood store around the corner.” Their complimentary gift wrap makes every gift even more special!
3760 Due West Road NW, Marietta, GA
- Holiday Gift Shop at the Depot– The Ceramics Department at Kennesaw Parks & Recreation will host the 6th Annual Holiday Gift Shop every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 15 through December 8 at the Historic Train Depot in Downtown Kennesaw.
- Marietta Square Christmas Market– Finish up your Christmas shopping at The Marietta Square on Saturday, December 21. There will be an artisan market on North Park Square from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and a farmers’ market on Mill Street from 9 a.m. until noon.
- Smyrna Handmade Market– Visit Indie Arts Alliance’s Third Annual Handmade Market on Saturday, December 7 from 12 to 6 p.m. at the Old Smyrna Firehouse. This is a unique shopping experience in Smyrna for handmade items and original, local art.
- The Holiday Market – Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list from the wide selection of handmade items at Art Station-Big Shanty from November 25 through December 14.
- 12 Days of Christmas– Enjoy shopping unique, handmade items at the Mable House Arts Center December 4-15. Visit them Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.