16 Aug COBB TRAVEL & TOURISM TAKES A LOOK AT THE 2020 HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Cobb County, Ga. — (August 16, 2019) — Join Cobb Travel & Tourism for a comprehensive look into Cobb’s hospitality market at the 2020 Cobb Hospitality Industry Forecast. Everyone with an interest in Cobb County’s hospitality and business industries is invited to attend on August 28 at The Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre in Marietta.
The 2020 Cobb Hospitality Industry Forecast will highlight upcoming projects for local attractions, the economic development outlook, and key planning data for the hospitality and business community. This is the second year that Cobb Travel & Tourism will host the event.
“Our goal is to help everyone involved in the hospitality and business industries successfully plan for the year ahead,” said Holly Quinlan, president & CEO of Cobb Travel & Tourism. “This program brings together key hospitality drivers and economic experts to give a complete, multi-perspective picture of what’s ahead for Cobb County in 2020.”
Speakers for the event include:
- Holly Quinlan – President & CEO, Cobb Travel & Tourism
- Dana Johnson – Executive Director, SelectCobb
- Brittney Gray – Director of Visitor Information Center Program, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Phil Kent – President, Phil Kent Consulting
- Jim Sprouse – Executive Director, Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association
- Jay Morgan – Principal, J.L. Morgan Company
- Karen Bremer – CEO, Georgia Restaurant Association
- Roger Tutterow – Director, Kennesaw State University Economic Center
- Lauren Abernethy – Senior Director of Marketing, Braves Development Company
- Marshal Eagle – Chief Operating Officer, LakePoint Sporting Community
- Dale Kaetzel – Park President, Six Flags Over Georgia
- Bonnie Buckner Reavis – Chairwoman, Marietta Arts Council
- Zach Kerns – Executive Director, KSU Event and Venue Management
- Bram Gallagher – Economist, CBRE Hotels’ Americas Research
Registration for the event is $35 per person and the deadline to RSVP is Friday, August 23. To register, visit travelcobb.org/partners/forecast-registration.
A sweet thank you to Life University, FireSide Natural Gas, Borrowed & Brewed, The Herd Coffee and Sugar Cakes Patisserie for making the 2020 Cobb Hospitality Industry Forecast event possible.
Cobb Travel & Tourism is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization, working to bring visitors to Cobb County. Cobb Travel & Tourism is the only organization positioned to market Cobb County and all of its assets as a 365-day destination. As the leading industry in Cobb County, tourism has significant economic impact. Tourism represents a $3.14 billion economic impact and supports more than 39,000 jobs. Tourism in Cobb County created $82.74 million in state tax revenues and generated $48.40 million for Cobb and its cities in tax revenues. Each Cobb household would need to be taxed an additional $478 per year to replace taxes generated by tourism activity.